Catalyst predominantly publishes poetry and experimental forms of fiction as well as visual art and design. We are also interested in fusions of the above.
The deadline is: 1st April.
Submissions are now OPEN.
Please read carefully - submissions that do not follow the guidelines below will not be considered.
- Email submissions only.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished and not submitted elsewhere for publication
- Please send no more than five poems and a short BIO to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also include in the subject line: Your Name and Submission e.g: 'Doc Drumheller, Catalyst Submission'. Attachments that do not follow this guideline will not be opened. Please help us avoid spam!
- Send work as a word attachment, send all your poems and BIO in one attachment please and include your email and postal address.
- Use Times New Roman 12pt font, single spaced, with no header, footers or any other formatting.
- We reserve the right to make minor edits to layout for publication - if this is not acceptable please do not submit.
We also encourage those who submit work to subscribe.
Rates are NZ$40 for two issues in New Zealand and NZ$60 for international.
Our preferred payment method is by internet banking/direct credit.
Direct credit payments can be made to:
Account Name: Catalyst
Account number: 38 9005 0049795 00.
If you use this method of payment, please send an email to: email@example.com and please write your name and 'subscriptions' in the subject line and include your postal information.For postal orders:
Please send cheques to: PO Box 3083, Christchurch, New Zealand.
All successful contributors will receive a free copy of the journal.