bus this September to perform songs, poems and stories around the country.
- Sat 18th sept Kaikoura The Strawberry Tree
- Sun 19th sept wellington The Garden Club Terrace Bar, dixon St
- Thurs 23rd sept Oamaru - The Penguin Club with reggae band Hikoikoi
- Fri 24th sept Dunedin - Tangente Cafe Supper club
- sat 25th sept Oamaru - The Grainstore with local poets
- Sun 3rd 0ct Lyttelton El Santos at the old British Hotel
most shows $5 and 9pm start
Ben Brown is a multi published Lyttelton poet well known for his gripping
and gruelling spoken word performances. A poet of the old school he has
the capacity to grip the audience member by the throat and drag them
through a fascinating world full of vivid characters, black humour and
great damn lines.
Helenback is the original housewife from hell. She performs poetry so
unflinchingly real you will fall in love with her before the first pause,
just don’t invite her home to do the housework, or you might find a pitch
fork where it hurts.
Andy Coyle is a poet and storyteller with an eye for detail, and an ear
for regret. His deep patient delivery will inspire your imagination and
stir the muddy river bed of your subconscious.
Kate Anastasiou is a striking singer/songwriter who performs a compelling
blend of well written songs, improvisation, loops and story-telling, all
of this peppered with an instinctive feel for jazz and a love of being in
the presence of poetry and song.